This is the online extension of our classroom this semester (2007 Fall Term) at the SVRSS. The content here is being created by real students in a real classroom. Enjoy learning from and with each other...

Monday, October 1, 2007

What we've learned so far in this unit
How to solve linear equations :
subtraction method


  • algebraic method and elimination method
  • graphing using technology such as, graphmatica, calculator, excel
  • system solution methods such as ordered pair solutions, no solution or Infinite solutions to keep in mind
  • We've learned how to solve Word Problems by using the 2 rules
    1.Name and define 2 variables

2.create 2 equations
t then solve as desired ; elimination , subtraction, technologically

  • When doing word problems you must fallow the steps
    1.do let statements
    2.Create equations in 2 variables each
    3.Solve (do the math)
    4.Create a statement
In this unit I was comfortable with the elimination method. I’m having trouble figuring out when to use the proper solution method. In the word problems I can find the let statements but I get stuck on second and third steps. I think the main thing I should do is to sit down and analyze the questions before I do them. I just need to take my time to thourally understand the steps to all the methods.

*Robyn*

No comments: